Can’t get to the shops? You can download the digital edition of Rugby World straight to your tablet or subscribe to the print edition to get the magazine delivered to your door.Follow Rugby World on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. ITV and BBC agree four-year deal to show men’s, women’s and U20 championships in the UK Matches in the men’s Six Nations would be shared between ITV and BBC (AFP/Getty Images) Six Nations staying on free-to-air TVThe Six Nations is set to stay on free-to-air TV in the UK until at least 2025.It had been thought that the championship would go behind a paywall from next year. However, Six Nations Rugby has reached an agreement in principle for matches from the men’s, women’s and U20 championships to be shown on BBC and ITV from 2022 to 2025.The contract terms are still to be finalised but if things proceed as expected, ITV and BBC would continue to share the rights to men’s Six Nations, with ITV showing England, France, Ireland and Italy home matches and BBC broadcasting Scotland and Wales home matches.The one change from the deal that ended this year is French home games moving from BBC to ITV.The Women’s Six Nations would be broadcast exclusively on the BBC with the U20 championship also covered by the BBC.The Women’s Six Nations would be shown exclusively on BBC (Getty Images)Six Nations CEO Ben Morel said: “This is exciting news for fans and for our championships. Both BBC and ITV have been excellent partners in recent years playing an important role in sharing the incredible moments that the Six Nations always produces, and celebrating the special place our championships hold in the hearts of fans.“I’m particularly excited by the opportunity to grow the women’s game with an invested broadcast partner in the BBC, who is as committed as we are.“We’re looking forward to working with them both as we continue to raise the bar and bring rugby’s greatest championships to ever-growing numbers across the UK.” Barbara Slater, Director of BBC Sport, added: “For the millions of Six Nations fans across the UK, the championships remaining free-to-air is wonderful news.“BBC Sport has led the way in increasing the profile of women’s sports, so we are thrilled to now include the Women’s Six Nations as a permanent fixture on our broadcast calendar.” LATEST RUGBY WORLD MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION DEALS ITV Director of Sport Niall Sloan said: “ITV is delighted to have reached this agreement, which extends free-to-air coverage of such an important tournament and will ensure it remains centre stage each spring.“With the addition of France home games to those of England, Ireland and Italy, we look forward to bringing ITV viewers a wealth of superb rugby from the Six Nations in the coming years.”Tournament organisers confirmed earlier this month that it was in joint contract discussions with Virgin Media Television and RTÉ over Irish coverage of the three championships, so the Six Nations is set to remain on free-to-air television in Ireland too.
Blackbird House / Will Bruder ArchitectsSave this projectSaveBlackbird House / Will Bruder Architects 2015 “COPY” ArchDaily Year: 2015 General Contractor: ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/770288/blackbird-house-will-bruder-architects Clipboard Area: 5829 ft² Area: 5829 ft² Year Completion year of this architecture project CopyAbout this officewill bruder+PARTNERSOfficeFollowProductsWoodSteelConcrete#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesAspenUnited StatesPublished on July 17, 2015Cite: “Blackbird House / Will Bruder Architects” 17 Jul 2015. ArchDaily. Accessed 11 Jun 2021.
The following remarks were given at a March 20 Harlem, N.Y., rally in solidarity with Amazon workers who are organizing a union in Bessemer, Ala. My name is Clarissa Hernandez and I’m with the Workers Assembly Against Racism – WAAR!Everyone should know that we owe most major progress we have made in this country to Black revolutionaries.Clarissa Hernandez speaks on March 20. Credit: WW PHOTO: Toni ArensteinThis continues to be true today, as we can see in Bessemer, Alabama, in one of the largest Amazon warehouses in the U.S., which is primarily staffed by Black workers [a large percentage of them women].The United States went ahead and declared March to be Women’s History Month back in 1987 and here we see women making history! This union is making history.Amazon’s monolith is what happens under unchecked capitalism! Capitalism and Amazon want us to believe $15 an hour is a fair wage to be on your feet ten hours straight, to be at risk of termination if you need to use the bathroom, to work in an unclean facility during a global pandemic. You go home after 10-11 hours and every part of you aches. For $15 an hour.Yes $15 an hour is too low, but I can’t imagine a wage high enough to justify the abuse warehouse workers face. This abuse happens in warehouses and distribution centers all over the country because capitalism sees us as the capital and this mode of oppression is happy to sacrifice people for the sake of upholding itself.These women workers in Bessemer, Alabama, are fighting against the capitalist ransom of their happiness and health and paving the way for other warehouse workers to fight back against this injustice because we all deserve to be happy and healthy.Amazon would rather pay a union-busting law firm $10,000 a day than pay workers what they deserve. Isn’t it sick? They have the money, they’re just choosing to spend it on themselves and their bourgeois interests.Humans are not capital, we’re not — we are so much more than our labor contributions. Under this sick capitalist system, however, we can use our labor to make demands.We can take note of the work the women in Bessemer are doing. You don’t spend $10,000 a day unless you’re terrified — and trust me, Bezos, CEOs, the gatekeepers of wealth and security should be terrified because this labor movement is so powerful and this is only the beginning. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailPrintMoreShare thisFacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailPrintMoreShare this
Community News Work Delayed on Devil’s Gate Restoration Project Grading work to be completed later this month STAFF REPORT Published on Thursday, December 10, 2020 | 2:10 pm Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Community News Herbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Ways To Get Into Shape You’ve Never Tried BeforeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThe Most Heartwarming Moments Between Father And DaughterHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Trends To Look Like A Bombshell And 6 To Forget AboutHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Of The Most Notorious Female Spies In HistoryHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyStop Eating Read Meat (Before It’s Too Late)HerbeautyHerbeauty Community News STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week Subscribe EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday 18 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Make a comment Photo courtesy Arroyo Seco FoundationDue to an unavoidable delay, grading work for habitat restoration as part of the Devil’s Gate Restoration Project will be completed late this month.As part of the restoration, grading work to properly contour slopes will be followed by planting and seeding with native riparian species.Approximately half of which will be harvested from nearby Hahamongna Watershed Park by the Hahamongna Native Plant Nursery.The work at Johnson Field and Mining Pit was previously scheduled to be completed by mid-December.Light construction equipment will be in use. Public access to trails will be open at all times. Working hours will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.The construction work, supervised by Public Works officials and an environmental consultant for the county, is not part of sediment removal operations currently underway in the reservoir.The Devil’s Gate Reservoir Restoration project is a four-year effort to increase flood protection for communities downstream of Devil’s Gate Dam and restore habitat within a popular section of the Arroyo Seco Watershed.The county Public Works Department plans to remove 1.7 million cubic yards of sediment from the reservoir immediately behind the 100-year old dam.In addition to providing flood relief to communities that have endured nearly a decade of elevated flood risk in the Arroyo Seco, the project will establish a permanent stormwater maintenance area that allows for the creation of 70 acres of enhanced habitat and recreational opportunities for local communities.Devil’s Gate is the oldest dam constructed by the L.A. County Flood Control District, providing flood protection for Pasadena, South Pasadena and Los Angeles.A large amount of sediment has not been removed from Devil’s Gate since 1994, when workers hauled out 160,000 cubic yards. The Station Fire in 2009 dumped a million cubic yards of soil and debris into the basin.For more information on the full range of enhancements at Devil’s Gate Reservoir, visit the website at DevilsGateProject.com. You can also ask questions or share your concerns at [email protected] or call the Devil’s Gate Project Hotline at (626) 458-2507. Business News Top of the News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Donald CommunityPCC- COMMUNITYVirtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy More Cool Stuff
News Previous articleHSE to launch Donegal ‘green gyms’Next articleWoman dies in Kilmacrennan crash News Highland Pinterest Twitter Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR A US based Irish priest has launched a legal attempt to remain on bail while he fights extradition over an alleged rape in Donegal82 year-old Fr Francis Markey now living in the US state of Indiana, has been accused of allegedly raping a 15-year-old boy ib two occasion, once at Lough Derg and once in Galway in 1968.Fr Markey has been battling attempts by the DPP to bring him back to Ireland to face charges for the past 18 months.In written briefs filed in court this week, lawyers for the priest argue he should remain free on bail while he files more motions fighting the extradition.The assistant US attorney for northern Indiana, Kenneth Hays, pointed to case and statutory law which, he says, requires Fr Markey to be jailed once the court certifies extradition.Judge Christopher Nuechterlein has accepted that evidence of a crime may be “weak” but said it was up to the Irish courts to argue it and that the retired priest must face the charges.Fr Markey was arrested in November at his Indiana home in connection with the alleged rape. The priest, formerly based in Monaghan, is accused of raping the child twice in 1968.The 57-year-old man complained to gardai in June 2006 after reading the Ferns report. Twitter WhatsApp WhatsApp Google+ Google+ Facebook Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Priest facing Donegal rape charge launches another legal challenge in the US Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published By News Highland – February 20, 2010 Pinterest Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Facebook Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week
Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebook Previous articleBuncrana concillors disagree on Causeway Road traffic light motionNext articleBuncrana Mayor pushing skate park proposal News Highland Google+ By News Highland – May 21, 2010 Pinterest Pinterest Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Facebook WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Mc Hugh welcomes passport office proposal Proposals for a passport office in the Northwest have been welcomed by Donegal North East Deputy JoeMcHugh.There’s a current backlog of 62-thousand passports waiting to be processed in the passport offices in Dublin and Cork.It now takes up to 8 weeks to get a passport by ordinary post, or more than a month to recieve one through the express service.Deputy McHugh says he spoke to one woman from Inishowen who had to go on a 320 mile round trip to check the status of her passport…………….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/000mchugh1.mp3[/podcast] Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire WhatsApp Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Newsx Adverts
News UpdatesState Must Ensure No Health Staff Is Deprived Of Salaries : Karnataka HC [Read Order] Mustafa Plumber22 April 2020 2:48 AMShare This – xThe Karnataka High Court has directed the State Government to place on record its policy decision to provide police protection to doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) workers. State has also been directed to ensure that no nurses, paramedical staff or ASHA workers are deprived of their salaries. A division bench of Chief Justice Abhay…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Karnataka High Court has directed the State Government to place on record its policy decision to provide police protection to doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) workers. State has also been directed to ensure that no nurses, paramedical staff or ASHA workers are deprived of their salaries. A division bench of Chief Justice Abhay Oka and Justice B V Nagarathna said “It must be clarified whether the State has any policy to provide armed police constables for protection of all the health workers. The State will also have to place on record what steps it proposes to take to prevent such incidents. The reason is that the safety of the doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, ASHA workers, etc. is of paramount importance in the battle against Covid-19. The State must come out with the policy which applies across the State for protecting this class of citizens who are on the forefront in the battle against Covid-19.” The direction was given during the hearing of the petition filed by Dr Rajeev Ramesh Gothe which highlights the need for safety of health workers. The court was informed about the incident which occurred in the night on April 19, at Padarayanapura in Bengaluru. It is reported that the persons who were sought to be quarantined attacked the health workers, including the doctors as well as the Police. To which the bench directed the state government to place on record the action taken against the wrong doers. Also, place on record a policy decision taken regarding providing adequate protection to the doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, ASHA workers, etc.” As regards to grievances made about non-availability of mask and PPE kits, to grass root level health workers by the counsel appearing for Karnataka State Legal Services Authority (KSLSA). The bench said “The State Government has to respond on the question whether the PPE Kits can be made available at a cost to private hospitals and to private clinics. Whether PPE kits have reached the doctors and the nursing staff across the state and whether equipment like masks and hand-gloves are made available across the state to health care facilities, such as Primary Health Centers (PHCs) and other facilities at grass-roots level.” The response has to be filed on the next date of hearing April 28. Advocate S Basvaraj who has filed an intervention application pointed out that on Government E-Marketplace (GEM) Portal provided by the Central Government, private doctors and private health workers cannot register themselves for procurement of PPE kits and other equipment. To which the Additional Solicitor General, appearing for Union Government said that the Central Government has recently distributed 2,83,910 PPE Kits and about 20 lakhs N-95 Masks to various States. However, he sought time to seek instruction on whether private health workers and doctors can register on the portal. The bench agreed to the request and directed the Union and State government to respond whether the ‘GEM Portal’ can be thrown open to private health care workers to buy PPE Kits and other equipment.Click Here To Download Order [Read Order] Subscribe to LiveLaw, enjoy Ad free version and other unlimited features, just INR 599 Click here to Subscribe. All payment options available.loading….Next Story
Email Address* Charles Koch of Koch Real Estate Investments and 2777 South Las Vegas Boulevard (Getty, iStock)UPDATED, Feb. 12, 2021, 2:44 p.m: The real estate arm of Koch Industries is betting big that the casino industry will come roaring back after the pandemic.Koch Real Estate Investments purchased a Las Vegas casino development that was previously slated to become a $3.1 billion 3,780-room resort project led by Steven Witkoff. That project was slated for completion in 2022, but has been stalled.The price Koch paid was not disclosed. Koch will partner with Fontainebleu Development, which was involved with developing the project before it went bust during the financial crisis.The development site, at 2777 South Las Vegas Boulevard, last changed hands in 2017, when Witkoff purchased the property from Carl Icahn for $600 million. Icahn purchased the property out of bankruptcy.Las Vegas casinos shut down as a result of the pandemic lockdowns in the first half of 2020. In October, Sheldon Adelson, the late casino magnate, was reportedly exploring selling three of his Las Vegas casinos.The sale could have fetched as much as $6 billion, Bloomberg reported at the time.[Bloomberg] — Georgia KromreiRead moreDevelopers pitch New York City casinoSheldon Adelson is leaving Las Vegas Tags Share via Shortlink Message* Correction: Due to an error in the source article, this story previously stated that Koch bought a stake in the casino. Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink Full Name* Contact Georgia Kromrei DevelopmentReal Estate InvestmentSteve Witkoff