Switzerland County, In. — The Indiana Department of Transportation will begin chip and seal operations on State Road 156 in Switzerland County next week. Beginning Wednesday, August 9 crews will begin work between Vevay and Patriot. The project includes 34-lane miles between State Roads 56 and 250 along the Ohio River.Chip and seal applications protect roads from moisture intrusion and ultraviolet rays. The process also increases traction and extends service life.Officials urge the public to slow down through work zones and watch for workers.
David retired from Cummins after 35 years of service. He was a member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greensburg and of the Knights of Columbus. He was an avid golfer who also enjoyed playing cards, especially Solo or Oldenburg Rummy. David liked to spend time shooting his guns at the Oldenburg Conservation Club with friends so he could ‘bring home the bacon.’ Most of all he loved spending time and being with his grandchildren and great grandchildren.He will be dearly missed by his wife Pamela; son, Jeff (Darlene) Abplanalp of Columbus, IN, daughter, Jan (Greg) Moody of Columbus, IN; 5 grandchildren, Jeremiah (Laurie) Abplanalp, Eric (Hannah) Moody, Matthew (Samantha) Abplanalp, Kyle (Brittaney) Moody, and Rachel (Travis) Wiley; 6 great grandchildren, Marshall, Cheyanne, Austin, Natalie, Meredith and Wade; siblings Ronald Abplanalp and Patricia Woolf. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his sister, Marjorie White.A memorial mass will be Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 12:00PM at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greensburg. Fr. John Meyer officiating. David was a big supporter of Right to Life, so in lieu of flowers his family suggests donations be made to organizations supporting that cause. Online condolences www.meyersfuneralhomes.com David C. Abplanalp, age 75 of Hartsville, Indiana passed away on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at Franciscan Health in Indianapolis. The son of Harry and Norma Abplanalp (nee: Fristch) was born on July 16, 1942 in Batesville, IN. On August 2, 1960 he married Pamela Westerfeld in Batesville.
Former Arsenal midfielder, Stewart Robson, believes Mikel Arteta is playing Nicolas Pepe out of position. The Ivorian has failed to live up to his price-tag after becoming Arsenal’s most expensive player last summer. But Robson thinks it is too early to judge Pepe, believing Arteta must find his best position. “Slightly too early [to call him a flop],” Robson told ESPN.Advertisement “He hasn’t been a great success this season so far. He’s had one or two good games, couple of good free-kicks. I’m not sure they’ve found the right position for him. “They’ve tried him on the right-wing where he spent most of his time in France. Then they tried to play him upfront for a couple of games. read also:Pepe is a great player with big resources, says Leeds boss “Yet he’s got pace, he can do lots of things. At the moment they haven’t got the best out of him, he doesn’t look a confident player. So he’s a flop at the moment but I think he can get better next year under [Mikel] Arteta.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBest Car Manufacturers In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Earns More Than Ronaldo? Loading…
Loading… Messi has won everything on offer during his time as a Barcelona player, as the forward has won the Champions League, La Liga, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, Copa del Rey and Supercopa de Espana while emerging as one of the game’s most decorated stars on the club level. However, the six-time Ballon d’Or winner is yet to taste senior success in an Argentina jersey following a runners-up finish at the 2014 World Cup, having also reached back-to-back Copa America finals in 2015 and 2016, with Messi missing a crucial penalty in a shootout loss to Chile in the latter finale. Messi excluded himself from international selection after Argentina’s last-16 exit to France at the 2018 World Cup, before returning and helping the country to the Copa America semi-final last year. The 32-year-old continues to be criticised for his Argentina performances but countryman Aguero defended his team-mate by praising Messi’s commitment to the group. “I do not understand those who criticise him in the national team,” Aguero told TyC Sports. “He is the first to suffer and continues to come.” The coronavirus pandemic has brought sport to a standstill, with the Premier League and La Liga among the leagues on hiatus, while the 2020 Copa America has been pushed back to next year. The Premier League has been suspended since last month and it remains to be seen when, and if, the 2019-20 campaign will resume. Manchester City star Aguero is contracted until 2021 and the Argentine forward has been linked with a return to boyhood club Independiente. But Aguero does not know what the future holds, adding: “For now, I’m not thinking about what to do. With all this, the clubs are having problems. read also:Messi in disagreement with Barca’s Coutinho transfer preference “Up until next year, it can be extended for two months or more. There are players who end contracts this year and if it is played in July, August or September, the clubs are going to have problems. “I don’t know if they can renew with players for three months or six. The first thing is to end this season and hit everything next.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Sergio Aguero says that he does not understand criticism directed at Lionel Messi for Argentina, insisting the superstar is the “first to suffer ” and continues to make himself available for the national team despite all the negativity surrounding his international career. Promoted Content7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows BetterBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too SoonPretty Awesome Shows That Just Got Canceled5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayCelebrities Showing Support For George Floyd ProtestsTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever Made7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better
Eze follows Nathan Ferguson, 19, through the door at Selhurst Park, with Roy Hodgson desperate to add youth and creativity to an ageing squad. Promoted Content11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithMost Beloved First Ladies Of All Time18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew About5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks Read Also: No excuse for Lampard at Chelsea after spending spree Hodgson has long called for more than a budget to improve his squad and – with an initial fee of £14.5million rising to almost £20million – Eze will become Palace’s most expensive signing since the former England manager took charge in 2017. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Super Eagles target and QPR star Eberechi Eze is set to complete a £19.5 million switch to Premier League campaigners Crystal Palace. Eze, who was also a target for West Ham and promoted side West Brom, is set to undergo his medical with the Eagles this morning before finalising the move, signing a four-year-deal with an option for a fifth. The forward started every single one of QPR’s 46 Championship games last season, scoring 14 goals.Advertisement
Officials in California are reporting that a patient under the age of 18 was among the three new coronavirus related deaths this week in the area.So far, Los Angeles has reported 662 total cases of the coronavirus with 128 new cases occurring this week. They have also reported 11 total deaths.“Each loss we experience in LA county is tragic, and we are sending out heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones who’ve had to endure this tragedy,” Los Angeles County Public Health director Dr. Barbara Ferrer said.The two other patients were said to have been between the ages of 50 and 70-years-old and at least one of them had a underlying medical condition. The other cases are still under investigation.@lapublichealth Announces Three New Deaths Related to COVID-19 & 128 New Cases of Confirmed #COVID19 in LA County. 662 total cases and 11 total deaths. COVID-19 does not discriminate by age, race or income level. Visit https://t.co/6Yl3web9rn for more. pic.twitter.com/97mK9slVC0— LA Public Health (@lapublichealth) March 24, 2020
Teresopolis: Brazil forward Everton has played down his team’s favourite tag to win Sunday’s Copa America final against Peru, despite the hosts’ 5-0 win over the same opponents during the competition’s group stage.Peru won only one of their three matches in the first phase but overcame Uruguay on penalties in the quarterfinals before beating Chile 3-0 in their semifinal on Wednesday.Brazil, meanwhile, have won four and drawn one of their matches and have yet to concede a goal. The five-time world champions earned a berth in the final with a 2-0 defeat of rivals Argentina on Tuesday.“It’s important to have confidence and that’s normal when you face an opponent that you have already beaten,” Everton said of Peru during a news conference.“But we also know that it will be a totally different game. They have made some changes since then (the 5-0 win in Sao Paulo) and have peaked at the right time. We have to have our feet on the ground and know that there will be a real battle. It will be a game that is decided by the smallest details and we have to be well prepared.”Brazil will be aiming for their ninth Copa America crown and first since 2007. Peru won the last of their two titles in 1975.Sunday’s clash will be Brazil’s first fixture at Rio de Janeiro’s Maracana stadium since their 3-0 win over Spain in the final of the 2013 Confederations Cup.Everton confessed that the final would be different to anything he has experienced for his club Gremio.“Everyone here has played important games in their lives but representing the national team at the Maracana has greater weight,” the 23-year-old said. “We have to be focused on playing a great match and make sure that the fans get behind us.” IANSAlso Read: Peru Stun Chile To Reach Copa America Final
London: Australia batsman Steve Smith and pacer Pat Cummins have maintained their positions at the top of the ICC Test Player Rankings after the Ashes, which culminated with a 135-run victory for England on Sunday as the five-match series ended in a 2-2 draw.Smith’s scores of 80 and 23 have helped him remain 34 points ahead of Virat Kohli with 937 rating points, an incredible effort since he started the series in fourth position with 857 points before his surge that came courtesy 774 runs in four Tests.Cummins too is well clear of other bowlers as he enjoys a lead of 57 points over second-placed Kagiso Rabada after finishing as the top wicket-taker with 29 scalps.David Warner has lost seven places after the Test to finish in 24th position among batsmen. He slid 19 places during the five matches with a tally of 95 runs in 10 innings, starting the series in fifth position. Josh Hazlewood has dropped from 12th to eighth after briefly making the top-10 among bowlers.For England, fast bowler Jofra Archer has moved into the top 40 for the first time after grabbing six first-innings wickets while left-arm seamer Sam Curran has gained six slots to reach 65th position with three wickets. IANS Also Read: T20 Win In India Gave Us Confidence To Win WC: Pat CumminsAlso Watch: Kumarpara Murder Incident: Guwahati Police announces cash award of Rs 25,000
For all the Latest Sports News News, Fifa World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Mohamed Salah celebrated his 26th birthday in style with Chechen case and the news that he will be involved in Egypt’s next FIFA World Cup match.A statement from Egyptian soccer association released no further details about his fitness except that the Liverpool star participated in full training on Saturday in Grozny, Egypt football team’s camp in Russia’s Chechnya region.“(His) condition is so much better,” Egypt executive director Ihab Leheta said on Saturday. “He was very upset after the Uruguay game. He thought he could have played and made a contribution.”Salah smiled as he sang “Happy Birthday” with his teammates, team officials and hotel staff, but the brief celebration was visibly subdued and not everyone joined in.“We could have celebrated more,” Leheta said, alluding to the loss to Uruguay.Fans and Chechnya’s leadership tried to cheer him up, presenting Salah with a giant 100 kilogram birthday cake.Salah injured his left shoulder in a collision with Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos in the Champions League final last month, leaving his World Cup campaign under dark clouds. The 26-year-old forward was an unused substitute in Egypt’s 1-0 loss to Uruguay on Friday.Egypt now faces host Russia in St. Petersburg on Tuesday and then lock horns with Saudi Arabia on June 25.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Virat Kohli won a crucial toss and opted to bat in the Boxing Day Test against Australia. India made a good start with Mayank Agarwal slamming a fifty on debut and shared solid stands of 40 and fifty-plus with Hanuma Vihari and Cheteshwar Pujara. India’s progress on this wicket stems from the fact that the team is in a confident mood. The reason –numbers which favour Kohli when he wins the toss. In the past couple of seasons, Kohli’s Indian cricket team has gained the upper hand whenever they have won the toss, be it at home or in overseas Tests. Under Kohli’s captaincy, the team has adopted the mantra that winning the toss gives them a crucial edge in the outcome of the game.In 45 Tests that Kohli has captained, he has won the toss 21 times which includes the toss result in the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne. Out of the 20 times he has won the toss, Kohli has tasted success in 17 games while the other three were drawn. His stats improve in overseas conditions. In eight Tests, excluding the MCG Test, Kohli has won seven games and drawn just one game. His only drawn game outside of India was the 2015 one-off Test against Bangladesh in Fatullah, which was marred by rain.Read More | Mayank Agarwal blasts fifty on debut in Boxing Day Test vs AustraliaOut of all his seven overseas Test wins, two have come in 2018. In the Johannesburg Test against South Africa, Kohli won the toss on a difficult wicket and chose to bat. The Indian cricket team put up a solid fight as they won the match by 63 runs to salvage some pride in a series which they had lost the series 1-2 due to heavy losses in Cape Town and Centurion.Read More | Agarwal, Vihari achieve a 1st for India in Boxing Day after 500 TestsIn the Adelaide Test against Australia, Kohli once again won the toss and had no hesitation in batting first and Cheteshwar Pujara’s century and fifty helped India secure a tense 31-run win. The victory was the first time India had won the first match in a Test series Down Under. With Kohli winning the toss in Melbourne, India would be hoping that they can create history and secure a win as they look to take an unassailable 2-1 lead in the four-match series and break their jinx of not securing a Test series win in Australia.