May 6, 2015This continues our report form 5/4 about the fifth annual BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL this past Saturday.This was a very well organized and executed event. Lots of vendors, good food, very good music, the weather was wonderful and a good time was has by all.On the stage is JAM PAK BLUES’N GRASS NEIGHBORHOOD BAND, a terrific group of youngsters. They have been part of this festival here at Arcosanti since its beginning and delight the audience every year.[photos by Colleen Connery]NEAMIAHCISCO AND THE RACECARSGREENWOOD SIDEEThe event was organized by the AZ Highway 69 Chamber of Commerce.A special Thank You goes to Chamber President Ben Satran, who cast the original vision for this event and has supported this festival since its inception.
Categories: News Access to medical marijuana will be safe and simple for Michigan patients through a two-bill package that passed the House today to clarify and update the existing statutes.The legislation implements ideas developed at lengthy workgroup meetings that included patients, caregivers, law enforcement, health care providers and officials from cities, villages and townships.House Bill 4209, sponsored by Rep. Mike Callton, redefines what are known today as dispensaries as “provisioning centers” with guidelines to dispense marijuana in a clean, regulated environment.“People traditionally think of marijuana as a liberal issue, but this is a conservative bill that improves local control, said Rep. Callton, R-Nashville. “Furthermore, this isn’t a criminal matter, it’s a health care issue. In fact, the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that states with access to medical marijuana have 24.8 percent lower opioid overdoses.“As a medical professional, I recognize that patients who suffer from some of the worst conditions—epilepsy, cancer, chronic pain—need safe treatment options that give them relief without fear of criminal prosecution.”Rep. Lisa Posthumus Lyons’ House Bill 4210 allows patients to use non-smokeable forms of marijuana, such as tinctures and other liquid forms more suitable for health treatment of children and the elderly.“This issue is not about whether you support medicinal marijuana or not; Michigan voters decided that on the 2008 ballot proposal,” said Rep. Lyons, R-Alto. “This is about ensuring safe access to medicinal marijuana and allowing patients to use alternative forms to smoking that are more healthy and effective for them, especially children and the elderly.”Since the 2008 legalization of medical marijuana for Michigan residents, there have been numerous court cases that have created inconsistent definitions of “useable marijuana,” which has resulted in uncertainty, unintended consequences and actual prosecution of patients with legal medical marijuana cards.“It is absurd that patients and parents face prosecution for using the treatment method that best meets their medical needs,” said Rep. Lyons. “The bottom line here is that we need to implement these common-sense measures to ensure patients have safe access to medicinal marijuana.”The bills now move to the Senate for further consideration. 07Oct House passes Callton, Lyons legislation improving patient access to medical marijuana
The BBC has confirmed that it will broadcast the final stages of this year’s Wimbledon tennis tournament in 3D.Separately, the BBC has highlighted a record digital audience for its online and Red Button coverage of the Glastonbury festival.The UK public broadcaster will air the Wimbledon women’s and men’s semi finals and finals in 3D free-to-air via the Red Button service as part of a “small number” of ongoing 3D experiments.Kim Shillinglaw, Head of BBC 3D, said: “We’re delighted to provide live 3D coverage from the biggest matches of this year’s Wimbledon. Major UK sporting events are a big part of our trials with 3D content and this allows us to build on our work from previous Wimbledon Championships and the London 2012 Olympics.”The BBC has previously aired 3D broadcasts on the BBC HD channel, until this channel was replaced with an HD simulcast of BBC 2 earlier this year.The 3D announcement follows the BBC’s move to increase its digital coverage of the tournament, increasing the number of live online streams available across PCs, mobiles, tablets and connected TVs up from a maximum of six last year to 10 this year.In addition, up to three streams will be available via the Red Button for the UK’s cable, satellite and digital-terrestrial platforms.The Wimbledon 3D announcement also follows news that the BBC recorded a record 1.5 million unique browsers accessing its digital coverage of last weekend’s Glastonbury festival, up 98% on the 2011 figure, including 700,000 live and catch-up TV and radio requests for The Rolling Stones’ headline performance.Of the unique browsers total, 47% accessed the event via PCs, 25% via mobiles, 17% via tablets and 11% via connected TVs. Forty-two per cent of total traffic over the weekend came from handheld devices, while a daily record of 228,000 people used the BBC iPlayer Radio app on Friday. About 109,000 people downloaded the radio app over the weekend, taking total downloads to 2.6 million.Over 6.2 million viewers accessed the BBC’s Red Button coverage of the event, up by 77% on the 2011 festival.The BBC provided live streams for Glastonbury’s six key music stages, covering over 120 live performances and delivering over 250 hours of live coverage across multiple screens.
TiVo is due to exit the Australian market after its licence there expires on October 31.In a statement on the TiVo Australia website, TiVo said “it’s been a delight serving Australia over the past nine years, but all good things must come to an end.”TiVo said it will cease to operate the TiVo Service, which delivers electronic programming guide data to viewers’ TiVo devices.“Without it, there will be no electronic programming guide and TiVo recording features such as Season Pass and WishList will stop working,” said the company.TiVo is now running ‘swap out’ for Australian customers, who can register online to get A$100 (€72) off a Fetch Mighty device to replace their TiVo box. This will mean customers can pay A$299 for the device, instead of the usual A$399.“The TiVo Swap Out offer expires on 31 October 2017 and is only open to TiVo devices which have connected to the TiVo service in the 6 months prior to 1 March 2017,” said TiVo.The Fetch Mighty is a four tuner DVR that also offers access to apps like Netflix and Stan. Viewers can also add more than 40 premium channels in the Ultimate Pack for A$20 per-month.
Altice now has 95.9% of SFR’s shares and is to file a buyout offer with the French markets regulator next month to acquire the remainder of the French service provider’s stock.Altice upped its stake in SFR after a series of exchanges of its stock for shares in the operator.Altice intends to file a buyout offer with markets regulator the AMF followed by a squeeze-out of remaining shares for €34.50 a share.Altice crossed the 90% threshold of ownership of SFR in May. The investment group has progressively upped its stake in its French subsidiary in private off-market transactions since the AMF rejected a plan to acquire the remainder of the shares it did not already own – at the time 22.5% – in the operator last October.Altice’s offer had been criticised by minority shareholders, some of whom argued that Altice’s motivation was to gain control of SFR’s dividend, and the regulator ruled that it had not provided sufficient information to them to receive a green light.At the time Altice CEO Michel Combes described the AMF’s ruling as “incomprehensible” and said that the watchdog had deprived shareholders of the right to make an independent choice.Altice has since said it plans to re-badge all its assets under a single, unified Altice brand.
Sony has now launched its XF90 line of 4K high dynamic range (HDR) TVs, which it introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, across Europe.The 55-, 65-, and 75-inch XF90 TVs are now in stock at major Sony-authorised retailers in Europe, with these models priced between €1,999 and €4,699.The XF90 series models are powered by Android TV, have voice control functionality and give access to services like Google Play, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube.
Norway’s Telenor has announced a series of management changes following Berit Svendsen’s decision to step down as CEO of Telenor Norway and head of the group’s Scandinavia cluster.Petter FurbergPetter Furberg has been named as the new CEO of Telenor Norway, while Kaaren Hilsen becomes CEO of Telenor Sweden and Morten Karlsen Sørby has been appointed acting cluster head of Scandinavia.The replacement of Svendsen comes after the failure of discussions between her and the telco’s chairman Gunn Wærsted, and Telenor Group president and CEO, Sigve Brekke, to find her a new role.Wærsted said that was “a shame and very sad that Berit has decided to decline the offers of new roles presented to her”. He said that the board regretted “the uncertainty experienced within the Norwegian Telenor organization in the past few weeks and the strain this has caused for our colleagues”.Brekke said that he had offered Svendsen a role as full-time head of the Scandinavia cluster and chair of the board of Telenor Norway after she declined international roles within the organisation, but that Telenor had “not succeeded in finding a role that Berit wanted to take on”.“I leave Telenor full of pride over having positively contributed to the company’s development and growth through 30 years. I have had the pleasure of being lifted up and forward by fantastic colleagues and employees. Together we have taken Telenor to new heights, and this has been noticed also outside of the company. I wish all my friends and colleagues in Telenor the best of luck. Now I will take some time off and reset before I surely will take on new and exciting challenges elsewhere,” said Svendsen.Furberg is currently cluster head of emerging Asia and part of Telenor’s group executive management. Bjørn Ivar Moen, current head of Telenor Norway’s mobile division, will be acting CEO of Telenor Norway from today until Furberg starts. Moen will thereafter remain in Telenor Norway’s management team.Hilsen worked for Telenor Sweden until 2017 CFO and has worked for Telenor’s operations in Montenegro and Thailand. She now returns to the telco from the position of CFO for Betsson AB.
Duffy thanks everyone in the city who contributed to “Beauty Bank“ appeal was last modified: January 11th, 2019 by John2John2 Tags: ShareTweet Cllr Duffy added that she hoped that this campaign could be wider than simply Christmas.And she said she believes that it ties in with her campaign around period poverty, with the introduction of ‘hygiene packs’ for women and girls who have found themselves homeless or fleeing domestic violence.She said: “Women in these situations can have very little and a small hygiene pack, containing sanitary items as well as products such as shower gels and shampoo would be very welcome.“I would ask people to continue to consider donations of this kind as we move now into the New Year,” said Cllr Duffy. beauty bankschristmasCOUNCILLOR SANDRA DUFFYDOMESTIC VIOLENCEDuffy thanks everyone in the city who contributed to “Beauty Bank “appealSinn Fein SINN Féin Councillor Sandra Duffy has welcomed the donations that she has received from many generous individuals and businesses towards the charity initiative known as the ‘Beauty Bank’.Councillor Duffy said: “The local response we received to this was very heartening and has contributed to many women and young girls throughout our City receiving a gift over the Christmas season.“And I would like to thank each and every person who kindly donated to it.